- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups cooked sirloin strips
- Green peppers, thinly sliced
- high red onion, thin sliced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 5 slices of provolone cheese, halved
- canola oil for frying
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
For the sauce it is:
- 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise
- milk 1 tablespoon
- Horseradish, hot 1 teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Fill your fryer or in a pot with a minimum of 1 inch depth of canola oil. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- In a frying pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the pepper strips and the onion and cook until (about 5 minutes) soft and tender, then pour into the meat and garlic powder, stir to mix. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cold, place a egg roll container on a clean, dry surface and brush all edges with the egg lightly beaten. Place a couple of strips of meat, pepper, and onion and an angle in the center of the wrap and cover with half a slice of provolone cheese. Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the padding and then fold on the right and left side. Roll to the remaining corner and the seal closed.
- Repeat with the rest of the egg roll wraps and filling.
- Place two or three egg rolls in the hot oil at once. Cook and turn for 3 to 5 minutes or until all sides are browned. Drain on kitchen paper lined with plates.
- For the sauce it is:
- Combine the ingredients of the salsa in a small bowl and beat until combined. Add more radish if you want with more than one kick.
- Serve the hot rolls with a little sauce. Enjoy!