500 grams of ground meat
200 grams of lasagna pasta sheets
3 units of tomatoes
1 unit of white onion
1 unit of carrot
1 jet of olive oil
30 grams of white wine
200 grams of milk
40 grams of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
1 List all ingredients to prepare the meat lasagna. In some Caribbean countries, the famous Italian lasagna is called pasticho. Having everything ready for work, we’ll start by preparing the meat from the stuffing.
2. For this, in a saucepan saute the finely chopped onion with olive oil and grated carrot.
3. When the onion looks golden brown, add the meat and cook for 7 minutes. Stir everything and season to taste, as this meat will be the main filling of our homemade lasagna.
4. When the meat is cooked, add the diced tomatoes, without seeds or skin, together with the white wine.
5. Let the alcohol evaporate and reserve the mixture. Also, to make the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a pan and add the flour slowly. Cook the white sauce until lumps form.
6. Add the milk and mix until the sauce thickens. Then, we add salt and a little nutmeg to give a touch of flavor to the bechamel.
If you have doubts in the preparation of this salsa, you can check the recipe step by step of bechamel salsa for lasagna.
7. With the stuffing and the sauce ready, it’s time to put together the Italian meat lasagna. To do this, in an oven tray we have a layer of pasta that we previously cooked in boiling water, add a layer of filling and above a layer of white salsa.
Remember you can also use pre-cooked pasta sheets to make your lasagna.
8. We make this step as many times as we see necessary and finish with a layer of pasta, a layer of cream and cheese to gratin, bake the lasagna at 180ºC for 20 minutes.
9. Wait a few minutes for the pasta to be very compact and then serve and taste the Italian lasagna with some village bread. This dish is ideal to accompany with a Caesar watercress salad. Enjoy!