- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 250 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of flour
- 1/4 liter of cream
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Glaze to decorate with
- To make a vanilla and chocolate cake for Easter, start by whipping the cream of milk (in some latitudes it is called double cream or cream) along with the vanilla, eggs, sugar and extra yolk until you achieve a homogeneous mixture.
- Sift and add together the baking powder and flour, gradually incorporate as you continue stirring.
- You have to achieve a creamy and homogeneous mixture; once you have it, divide it into two equal parts.
- Mix the chocolate powder with the milk without forming lumps and add it in one of the blends you had separated.
- Grease a torta with some butter and pour the chocolate-free mixture over there so it stays on top of the mold.
- Now add the chocolate mixture to the cake dish and put it in the preheated oven for 40 minutes at 140 C. Once it is browned and cooked in the middle, you can remove it from the oven.
- Wait for it to cool and turn out. Decorate with glaze to taste above for the final touch. When you get out of the mold, you’ll find that the chocolate part is at the bottom of the cake and the vanilla part at the top, fantastic!
- Now that you have Easter cake ready for Sunday tea, prepare a delicious lunch for Easter as well. I propose baked cod with tomatoes and also some delicious eggs benedict. Happy Easter!