- 300 grams of wheat flour
- 80 g pure unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of chemical yeast
- Just a pinch of salt
- 250 grams of sugar
- 100 gr of butter
- 250 ml whole milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr chocolate 70% cocoa
How to prepare chocolate muffins:
- The first step of the chocolate muffin recipe is to mix all the solid ingredients. Put in a bowl the flour, cocoa, yeast, and salt. If you want it to be thinner, you can sift the flour with the help of a strainer. Mix it well and reserve.
- In another bowl add the whole milk with the juice of half a lemon. Let them rest for about 15 minutes so that the milk acquires all the flavor like meringada milk.
- Meanwhile, we melt the butter in the microwave and reserve it. In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and mix well until creating a cream. We add to this cream carefully and without ceasing to stir the butter that should not be too hot. We continue with the addition of milk.
- It is time to join the solid part with the liquid. Gradually we incorporate the initial flour mixture without ceasing to stir. To give it an even more special touch take note of this trick. Chop well the chocolate 70% cocoa and add them to this dough. It will give you an incredible touch of flavor.
- We light the oven while preparing the cupcake tray. We prepare the dough to occupy a third of the mold. Because of the effect of yeast, it will increase considerably in size.
Once everything is ready, we can put a little decoration. A few nuts, they go very well or a little more chocolate. We put them in the oven and wait about 20 minutes at 190º C with heat up and down without fan.
- They’re amazing freshly made, but they’ll still be great for a few days. If they get hard, put them in the microwave for a few minutes.