- 200 grams of ground meat
- 200 grams of tomato paste
- 1 unit of white onion
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 unit of Egg
- 200 grams of bread crumb
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Prepare all the ingredients to prepare our meatballs in sauce. Tomato paste can be crushed tomato or fried tomato.
Sauté the finely chopped onion and garlic.
- When golden brown removes from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place and season the meat with thyme, salt and pepper.
- The spices that will give flavor to the meat can be chosen to taste, so if you prefer you can exchange them for some oregano or paprika, for example.
- Add an egg and mix very well until the ingredients are fully integrated with the meat
- Add the onion and garlic that we reserved, mix until evenly distributed in the meatball dough.
- To finish with the meat dough, add the breadcrumbs and continue kneading. The mixture must be homogeneous and consistent enough to be handled and shaped.
- Form the meatballs by making meatballs as even as possible. To make the sauce where we will cook the meatballs, put in a pot the tomato paste and half a glass of water.
- Add the meatballs together a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let cook for 25 minutes or until the meat is done.
- Serve the homemade meatballs and taste with white bread or rice or whatever side you can dip with the dish sauce and enjoy!
This preparation of meatballs in sauce can also be used to make a rich pasta dish, even to decorate it in a fun way for children, as in the recipe of the spaghetti monster.