- 2 cups (250 grams)
- wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (400 grams) refined sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (315 mililiter) of vegetal oil
- 4 cups (450 grams) grated carrots
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) chopped walnut
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Grease and flour a 23 33 cm mould. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Reserve.
2. Beat the sugar and eggs in a large bowl, until they have a thick, pale yellow consistency. 3. Add the oil and, while stirring gently, gradually add the sifted powder.
4. Turn off the mixer and wrap the carrots and nuts with a spatula. Pour the dough into the prepared pan.
5. Bake until a toothpick is inserted clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Wait until it cools completely before imbuing.