Ingredients for 6 peppers:
- 225 grams of cornflour
- 750 ml of water
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil Arbequina
- 150 grams of Parmesan cheese For the Oso Buco: 4 pieces of Osso Buco
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 200 grams of assorted mushrooms
- 1/2 l of red wine
- 20 grams of bacon
- Salt to taste
- Black ground pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste
1. First, let’s prepare the rice filling with meat.
2. Chop the onion very finely. Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
3. Put a pan on the fire with a little extra virgin olive oil Cornicabra and, when it is very hot, sauté the onions with the garlic cloves over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, wash the zucchini and chop it into very small pieces.
5. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut them into small cubes or grate them.
6. When the onion becomes transparent, add the zucchini and
We let it cook for about 10 minutes.
7. After this time, we pour the minced meat, which we will have previously, and we fry it. We’re going round and round so the meat splits until it starts to turn golden.
8. Then, we pour the grated tomato and cook it all together until the liquid is reduced.
9. On the other hand, we put the rice to cook. In a saucepan, we put the water with the soft olive oil, the garlic clove and the pinch of salt. We pour the rice and bring it to a strong heat.
10. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
11. When the rice is cooked, drain it and cool it under cold water.
12. Then, put the rice with the sofrito and give a few laps to mix well
Now is the time to prepare the peppers:
- Wash them well and cut the top. Remove the seeds well from the inside.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture of rice, meat, and vegetables, and cover them with a good amount of grated cheese.
- As we fill them we put them in a baking dish greased with some olive oil.
- We put in the dish also the top that we had cut them but a part, not covering them so that in this way the cheese is melted and gratin.
- We take the peppers to cook in the oven previously heated to a temperature of 180º and leave them for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- After that time, the cheese on the surface of the stuffed peppers will be melted and with a nice golden color.
- We serve the stuffed peppers by covering them with the top.